Last updated: 20 December 2023
The Planet Side (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates theplanetside.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
Google Analytics 4
Our website uses Google Analytics 4, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics 4 uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
When you fill out our contact form, we collect the personal information you provide, such as your name, email address, and any additional information you choose to share.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information collected, including Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To analyze and improve the performance and functionality of the Site.
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer support.
- To send you newsletters, marketing communications, and other information we think will be of interest to you, where you have explicitly agreed to this.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
You have the right to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device) when you visit a website. They are widely used to make websites work or to improve efficiency, as well as to provide information to website owners.
- Google Analytics 4: These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website, enabling us to improve user experience and tailor our content.
- Functional cookies: Cookies may be used to remember your preferences when interacting with the website, e.g. the language chosen.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.